1. Welcome to Falconer Chester Hall Architects Privacy Notice.
Falconer Chester Hall respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
2. Key details
2.1 The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulations 2016/679 (the GDPR). This legislation will replace current data policy law, giving more rights to you as an individual and more obligations to organisations holding your personal data.
2.2 One of the rights is a right to be informed, which means we have to give you even more information than we do now about the way in which we use, share and store your personal information.
2.3 This means we will be publishing a new privacy notice so you can access this information, along with information about the increased rights you have in relation to the information we hold on you and the legal basis on which we are using it.
2.4 If you have any questions about this notice, please e-mail Falconer Chester Hall: email@example.com. Or write to: Falconer Chester Hall, No 12 Temple Street, Liverpool L2 5RH.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
4. Types of data we gather
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- The internet domain and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you can access our website
- Speculative CVs from prospective employees.
5. How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from FCH, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To improve the products and services we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To send you promotional mailings or call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
6. Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information such as how many people use the website and which pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
7. Controlling information about you
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our Privacy Standard, in line with the General Data Protection Regulation.
8. Data Security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
9. Links from our website
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the fch.architects.com domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
10. Changes to this Privacy Notice and your duty to inform us of changes
This version was last updated December 2018.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact Julie Protheroe using the contact details in this Privacy Notice.
11. Distribution and Review of Policy
The Privacy Notice will be imported to the Practice’s intranet: Deltek, Ref: 03 Knowledge Area\03.13 Human Resources Public.
The Privacy Notice will be reviewed on an annual basis or when procedural, legislative or best practice changes occur.
Managing Director sponsor of policy Adam Hall
Author of policy Julie Protheroe
Version and date of that version 10 December 2018
Recent Amendments and dates:
Date approved by the SMT
Date ratified by the Partner Group
Policy Number PNI 001v1
Date (month and year) when the policy should be reviewed, which should be no more than 3 years after formal approval December 2021